Monday, June 18, 2007

Lawd, i live in craka-town

So this happened a few days ago but it's still with me...
I was driving home through our neighborhood on the side-streets and I saw something horrendous.
See, I live in an "up and coming" part of Portland....(realtors use that phrase for crap-neighborhoods). At the nearest intersection there's a convenience store, a tire store, a mom-and-pop head shop/Meth-supply store and an abandoned teacher supply store. Only there can you find a selection of 20 different kinds of gloves as well as cleaning fluids. Before that it was a "gentleman's juice bar" called the "420 Club"...delightful.
Yes, a meth house was raided and boarded up down the street...yes, a television was found on the sidewalk across the street from our house (its screen 'tagged' within a few hours), yes our new neighbors apparently don't believe in paying to have trash service, so they pile it up in their driveway (at least they removed the toilet from the backyard the previous owners had out there) and no, we have no plans to move anytime soon. Such is the state of housing prices in Portland.

ANYWAY...I was driving home and I noticed a little boy (probably about 7 or 8) standing on the steps in front of his house looking up at his mom and grandmother (like many homes in the area, the front yard is a steep hill, so there are steps from the street to the front door). As soon as my mind was able to process the thought that "oh, isn't that just darling? A child and his female kin enjoying spring at dusk" I realized that "grandma" was laughing....at the child.....who was PEEING onto the steps above him!!!!!!

WTF?!?!?!? Where do I even begin?!
Do I start with granny who's reinforcing this abyssmal behavior by laughing? Or maybe with the limited intellectual abilities of a child who pees UPSTAIRS...clearly having no idea of the law of gravity. Or the hideous thought that the ease with which the participants perform indicates this is a common ocurrence. OR, perhaps the most disturbing of all....if I ever have children and send them to school in this area....these are the idiots who could be my future child's friend/bully!! Makes me rethink (1) having children (2) homeschooling

I've seen numerous Super Nanny programs where the boys leak outside.
I pray for a girl.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! I wish I could be disgusted and appauled, and I am but I guess than makes me a hypocrite. This may forever alter our friendship, but I have to confess something.... Macie pees in the backyard! I don't know what happened. The first time (yes, there's more), she was playing in her little kiddie pool and jumped out and just started peeing through her swimsuit on the grass (at least it wasn't in the pool).

The second time, her friend was over and I looked out in the backyard and she was naked from the waste down, had her legs spread and was intently watching herself pee. And, her little friend, watchig her, had stripped and was swinging on the swings. Hopefully, that was the last time.

So, be it a girl or boy, just pray for yourself! Lawd, these kids!

Anonymous said...

oops, i misspelled "waste"

Sara Moon said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!
Homeschooling sounds better to me all the time...

Clarissa said...

Ok...maybe kids in general are starting to freak me out. they reach for boobs, they pee outside, they talk nonsense. might as well have a house full of frat boys!

steph, somehow it's cuter when it's a little macie and not a DANG 7 YEAR OLD BOY!!!!!!!! ewwww.

Sara Moon said...

More please!!!