Friday, June 15, 2007

i hate tori amos

(just one more thing before i head out)
i had an unusually wild hair a while back and put ‘cornflake girl’ by tori amos on my ipod. I swear I musta been on crack. Each time it comes up on shuffle, I’m mystified.
For the most part I hate : female vocalists, piano music, hippy music that drones on and on and music that talks about fairies and magic. This girl violates so many of my rules that I don’t know how I ever sought out that dang song! Maybe I have that disorder where I do weird stuff in my sleep, but instead of trying to kill my husband or eating an entire turkey I download crap songs by pretentious redheads.

check this s#%@!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUZdDgxiNuE




From Wikipedia (referring to her album “Beekeeper”) "…Amos was conceptually influenced by the ancient art of beekeeping, which she considered a source of female inspiration and empowerment. Through extensive study, Amos also wove in the stories of the Gnostic gospels and the removal of women from a position of power within the Christian church to create an album based largely on religion and politics. Many fans and critics, however, have argued that the concept is unclear and confusing.”

Um. Duh. That woman’s a total nutter! Good thing this music career of hers has panned out, otherwise she’d be living in a group home talking to the walls about bees, the Gnostic gospels and raisin vs. cornflake girls. Makes me TIRED.

Another of my more inspired Ipod selections is “Show Me Love” by Robin S. Now that s@#* is all about female inspiration and empowerment…and it makes me wanna dance. Unlike that cornflake song…that’s just f-ed up.

7 comments:

Sara Moon said...

I don't care if anyone else in the whole world reads this stuff...I am laughing my ass off (seriously!!!!!) My dogs must think I'm nutso b/c it's just me here and I'm laughing so hard I have tears streaming!! I played the you tube video (how do you include those???) and while reading your post and laughing I'm feeling like a nutter myself.

So glad you're writing all this!!!!!!! I could kiss you!! I'm just so proud...you're so talented if I do say so myself :-)

Sara Moon said...

P.S. Have you seen the Alanis Morissette video remaking the Black-Eyed Peas "My Humps"??? I just saw that the other day and it was oddly funny.

Clarissa said...

girl, this is all for you. i hope nobody else reads this!! :))

i'll have to check out 'my humps', that's such a disturbing song any dang way!

on you tube there's a thing on the side that says 'embedded' or something. just copy and paste it right into your posting and it comes up pretty! i was impressed with myself for getting it to work. now if only i could figure out how to take crap off my ipod...seriously. i have no clue.

Anonymous said...

Were you one of the chicks kicked out of her show??

Anonymous said...

Prat.

Anonymous said...

I hate Tori Amos as well. I can't stand her singing, it makes my ears bleed. She sounds like a screaming banshee that can't pronounciate. Why does she bother writing lyrics, all she does is make wierd noises into the mic anyways. Who can understand her. Ugh! She is fake! There's a lot of bad music out there I can bare but I can't deal with Tori Amos, she sounds like someone scratching their nails on a black board.

Anonymous said...

i fucking hate tori amos, she sounds like a cat being suspended from a ceiling fan by its nutsack. she is simply terrible and her lyrics make english professors cry. what the hell is 'black dove, youre not a helicopter'? tori amos, what the fuck are you smoking? throw that shit out, its definitely fucking out of date or something if you're writing lyrics like that. DAMN.