Saturday, May 30, 2009

feelin low....

(this is, admittedly, a pathetic and pity-party-post. sorry!! it'll pass, but i thought i'd share for a moment)

So after another visit from FRED, I suddenly had a realization this morning as i was brushing my teeth while reading a scrapbooking magazine....WTF am i scrapping for?? I guess in the back of my mind i always figured someone would be interested in seeing my stupid scrapbook pages...and i guess i always assumed that would be someone related to me (as in, a kid)... But what if i don't ever have kids? who are these scrapbooks for?!?!? who's going to give a crap about that one time we went to vancouver for 4th of july? me? in my senility?? i reckon that's what i need to remember. i'm doing it for myself. it's just weird how these sad feelings of 'who really cares' pop up every now and then. about 98% of the time i feel very happy with my life and how it's going. just...once in a while i feel like i'm living my life in a holding pattern...like i'm waiting for the next big thing to come....but....this might be it...and 98% of the time, that's totally great! just....when i look at the stuff i need to scrapbook i wonder....who (besides me) will ever care?!?!?


if i had some lime, i'd make me a gin and tonic....

off to scrap some more.....sigh...

1 comment:

Sara Moon said...

I'm sorry you're feeling sad and I wish I could take that away. Just remember all the other options for kidlets...

And I'm sure this won't help you feel better...but I would LOVE to read all your scrapbooks and see your beautiful work when I'm an old fart. I think you are wonderful!