Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Beautiful Weekend

OMG, we had the world's most perfect weather this weekend. Low 70s, cool breeze, flowers blooming, sun shining, mountains glowing with winter snow....just glorious. Makes me happy to be alive. Ahhhhh..... Sadly, no pictures to document the beauty. Just take my word for it.

Saturday we ran errands after having a picnic at the rose garden. Did i mention the weather was perfect?!?! The roses weren't really blooming yet, but it's still such a beautiful place.
As luck would have it, my perfect picnic was marred by a damn squirrel.

After a squirrel had the NERVE to climb up the back of my leg to get to my cookie (the baked good in my hand, not my...you know, "cookie") in college i've had a massive thing against f-ing squirrels. Anyhoo, we were sitting in the shady picnic area with a beautiful view of downtown and Mount Hood in the background, enjoying our sandwiches and stuff. I'd pointed out the big, fat squirrel earlier, "is it pregnant?" "how embarrassing if it's not pregnant and we think it is", etc. So, I'm gazing at the view, enjoying the breezes and I hear James say "WHOA! Look at that!" I look to my left and to my right, but don't see anything weird. THEN, I look straight ahead. Right there not 18 inches away from me is THE DAMN SQUIRREL sitting right on the picnic table staring straight at me with its little beady pregnant eyes. EWWW! It took a second or 2 for me to process what I was looking at, then I let out the most girlish, cartoon-y hoot/scream and began kicking my feet and throwing my hands all around. The damn thing just SAT there until finally it saw James wave his arm. I was totally creeped out. Honestly, my voice was ridiculously girly: like the lady in the Tom and Jerry cartoons when she sees Jerry and hops on the chair and screams. So embarrassing. I'm a grown-assed woman afraid of a damn SQUIRREL!!! Stupid.

The rest of the day was WAY better, with the exception of seeing "Terminator Salvation". I was so hyped (love me some Christian Bale and stupid explosions)!! It was such a disappointment! So much potential. Sigh.

At least So You Think You Can Dance is back on.

OH!! I never watch those horrible Jon and Kate people but was terribly curious to see how they'd handle the cheating allegations, etc. this season. It was really bad. Like watching a divorce slowly unfold. I felt dirty. Can't say I won't watch again, though.

How was YOUR weekend???

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You and the squirrels! HA! I tell everyone about that episode at UT. Poor thing. (You, not the rodent). That is CREEPY!!!!!!!!! Yesterday, I took the girls to see the ducks at this park nearby. A big ole goose starting coming after us and HISSING. I grabbed Maris and both Macie and I ran screaming like little girls back to the truck. Ha. Aaah nature. Haven't been into the Jon and Kate either, but plan on setting the tivo to get it. Don't know if I can stand to watch it or not. When I was sick a few months ago, I watched some marathon, so I do have some background.
Oh, by the way... someone thought I was pregnant yesterday. Ugh. How embarassing for them. ha! Wasn't all that upset, cuz I do look pregnant. Ugh again.

Sara Moon said...

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! squirrels LOVE you (or hate you...)

fuh-neeeeeeeeeeee!!

sounds like a lovely PacNW weekend. Portland is sooooo beautiful. Enjoy it. Bask in it. Never take it for granted. Jealous!

Love that you two lovebirds were having a picnic in the Rosegarden!