Thursday, March 20, 2008

Lepre-corn?!?!

So I go to the gym at least 3 days a week (usually 5, not that you can tell...i have lumps and rolls all over the place) and I really enjoy all the people-watching it affords me. Some is amusing, some is repulsive, and some is just....amazing.

I hate the over-use of the word "amazing". I blame the show Felicity. Everyone and everything on that show was described as "amazing". Puh-leeeeeze. ANYWHOO....

I realize I have absolutely no room to criticize any one's physical appearance however... I swear I saw a guy in one of my kickboxing classes that looked like a dad-burn leprechaun. Poor dear, he was super short (5 feet or less), really built (like Popeye after the spinach), very pale and bright red hair. Poor thing even had a beard! I swear, it was like looking at the Notre Dame mascot kicking and punching!!

I couldn't stop staring at him during the class. I wanted to know all about him. Where does he work? Does he have a romantic partner? Is he/she taller/shorter? Does he hate St. Patrick's Day? I didn't see a wedding ring, but I hope he as a partner that loves him just the way he is.

Don't even get me started on the people who in the past few weeks have gone from winter-pale to st. tropez-mahogany. i especially love the people who end up matching their skin to their hair. it's like an unbroken plane of brown with teeth and nostrils. nice. i'll keep looking for examples of this phenomenon online...

1 comment:

Sara Moon said...

Pobrecito!!!!!!!!!
I love the Notre Dame punching leprechaun pic!!!!