Wednesday, November 7, 2007

pickled beeeeeets????

UGH! So last night I finally broke open the jar of pickled beets that my friend Tonya had given me. Her parents are big into pickling, and I'm big into anything pickeled (pickles, okra, tomatoes, garlic...). It was a match made in pickle heaven...or so I thought. I snacked on the pickled beets Tonya's parents made while I got dinner going (rockfish, sweet potatoes and salad). I LOVED them! Tart, but still sweet. PERFECT!
After dinner James and I had 1/4 pound of Reese's Peanut Butter Cup (more on that in another post), then it was off to bed.
About an hour later I was in bed reading and I had the unmistakable feeling that what I'd eaten was not going to stay put. Sure enough, soon I was barfing my brains out. Now, normally I'm not a big puker, so I have a feeling that it was something I ate. The only thing I ate that James didn't were those beets. Granted, they were tasty and all, but perhaps my system is just not accustomed to the subtleties of pickled beets. I'll have to toss them before they make me toss my dinner again. Hmm. However....I got to enjoy all that Reese's without the caloric intake. Maybe with beets on my side I CAN develop an eating disorder. On second thought, I think not. I'd MUCH rather shop at Lane Bryant and buy Delta Burke clothes than puke. Oh well.

The good news is that after my "episode" I felt 1000% better and was able to go to sleep soon thereafter. Phew!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that Delta Burke doesn't own her clothing line anymore? Nope, not for years. But, the owner would not give Delta back her namesake. Isn't that rotten? Delta should have made sure they didn't own her name.
Also, I don't think they sell Delta Burke stuff in Lane Bryant.
P.S. I LOVE pickeled beets too!
But they don't make me barf.

Sara Moon said...

Look at your fancy schmancy new blog!!!

Hey, who is that anonymous poster???

Clarissa said...

holy crap! i don't know who that is! i didn't think anyone read this besides you, miss thang!

good info on delta burke, though!