Friday, October 12, 2007

Phew!

Well, the squashing of my mammaries went as well as can be expected and I got a lovely form letter telling my girls are A-ok! Yippee!

Boy, what an experience, though! Unlike any other medical appointment EVER!

1) there was fresh-brewed coffee (this IS the northwest afterall) and hot water for tea on a lovely table with cozy baskets and flower arrangements in the reception area.
2) Once I was asked back to 'where the magic happens', I was asked to disrobe from the waist up and take a seat in the dressing-room type cubby. The curtain on the cubby was a lovely red *actual* curtain that matched the fluffy red throw pillow on the bench. Above there was a wooden shelf with a wicker-type basket, a flower arrangement and (ok, this wasn't lovely) a can of Secret deodorant (you can't wear deo to your mammogram, fyi). Soft, new-age music was playing, it was a delight.
3) I was led to the mammogram room where the lights were turned down all romantic, there were 2 flower arrangements, tons of little baskets full of potpourri, a tabletop water fountain....and a giant white camera/tortilla press for my itty bitty titties.!
4)On each side, 3 pictures were taken. Each time I had to be told to look up. I just couldn't stop staring at how my chicken breasts had been flattened enough to make scallopini
5)Once the pictures had been taken, I was invited to take a look at the images. I must say, I was impressed by how photogenic they are! Though, even in xray form they look tiny. (sigh)
6) I changed back into my clothes and was given a beautiful long-stemmed rose, See's chocolate and a little tiny manicure set!
7) I waited in the reception room long enough to read about Kelly Clarkson's tour schedule (an OLD Allure magazine) and was invited into the 'massage room'.
8) For a short 10 minutes, my shoulders and neck were rubbed enough to make me forget all about my aching boobies.

So, all in all it was a complete delight. If only all appointments involved chocolate, massages and roses!

1 comment:

Sara Moon said...

Are you serious????????????

Holy moly sounds like you went to an Oprah spa retreat!!

Glad it went so swimmingly ;-)