Thursday, March 5, 2009

¡que linda!

So, I'm not the religious follower of Linda of All & Sundry like Sara, but when I do read it, i love it. That being said, she cryptically 'tweeted' that apparently she was tacky, was lucky to just have a man, her husband was annoyed and that she needed a new blog topic stat. well THAT got me curious.

I beg you to please read.

This is great because I've been feeling this way lately too. I know older women say what they hate most is becoming 'invisible' in the world. Nobody seems to care what ladies with grey hair have to say. For those of us in the middle (not quite the young chippy and not the old grey-hair), Linda's post makes a lot of sense. I never set the world on fire with my looks, but on OCCASION I'd notice a glance. Now?? Never...unless it's someone who's clearly crazy.

For example...there was the one time when I went to a skating rink up here in Portland (i hadn't skated in 20 years or so and thought it'd be fun). I was totally hit-on by a dude who skated past me, bumping my arm and shoving a smiley face keychain into my hand. HOT. He later asked me to skate with him during 'couples skate'. HOOOOOT. Poor dear looked to be in his early 30s and was clearly the king of the skating rink.

Anyhoo....with Linda's post in my head I went to the gym the other night. As I was doubled over the stretching contraption, i turned to my right and noticed a young hot dude checking me out. I thought, 'wow! this is great! i still got it goin ON! he must really be turned on by my stomach roll and visible granny-panty line.' then i turned to my left and saw 2 girls on the mats stretching each other out. they were doing that move where you sit with your legs out in a V, feet touching, grab hands and pull/lean to stretch out your inner thighs. i turned back to my right to look at the dude and sure enough it was the semi-lesbian-stretching he'd been looking at. OF COURSE! Oh well....

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That is too funny about the gym! I hadn't even thought about anyone checking me out any more. How lame am I?